Saturday, June 02, 2007

Xanadu

Tonight, myself and three of my top hags went to see Xanadu at Studio 35. What a mess that movie is. But damn was it fun!!! It has to be one of the campiest movies ever made. Look at all the Razzies it was nominated for...
Won: Razzie Award for Worst Director (Robert Greenwald)
Nominated: Worst Picture
Nominated: Razzie Award for Worst Screenplay
Nominated: Worst Actor (Michael Beck)
Nominated: Razzie Award for Worst Actress(Olivia Newton-John)
Nominated: Razzie Award for Worst "Original" Song("Suspended in Time")
Nominated: Worst "Musical" of Our First 25 Years

I can't believe there was a worse movie that year, but lo and behold, the Village People classic Can't Stop the Music was worse. Rent Xanadu if you haven't seen it, watch it again if you have. It's awesomely bad!

1 comment:

ampcbj said...

I am HORRIBLY jealous!! That sounds like a great time to me.
I am glad to hear that Studio 35 is still open after all these years. I know there was talk of closing just before we moved...