Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I stood up for myself and.......

Here we go again! I quit my job today. Yes, the same job that started out as my dream job and ended up as a nightmare. Here's the scoop. For about the last month, I haven't been doing marketing. I have been a glorified receptionist. The receptionist was let go a month or so ago leaving me to take over her duties. I asked and asked when a replacement was coming with no answer. I answered phones, placed calls, even made office forms for the salesmen. Not exactly marketing. I basically quit doing all the marketing. The owner threw me a bone occasionally having me work on a flyer to keep me quiet, but I was not happy.

Then this past Friday, I told him I didn't want to do it any longer, that was not was not what I was hired to do. He said nothing. Low and Behold yesterday, my only alli at work was sent a text telling him to send me home. It was 1pm. Neither of us had any clue as to what was going on. Finally at about 8 last night, I recieved a text from the owner stating "U R Fired!". I replyed "Any Reason?". "NO" I recieved back. I turned off my phone fuming. This morning I check my emails, "We were joking". I replyed with " I QUIT. That's not a joke!" I went in took my things, turned in my key and left.

I am bummed about the job, after all it was my big break. But I am not sad I quit. He had it coming. I stood up for myself. Yes, I am unemployed again but at least I can live with myself. Tim was the person who told me not to go back. He was more pissed than me. Thank GOD I have him.

As for what's next? I am going to get a PT job somewhere (it's Xmas season, shouldn't be that hard), continue delivering the Bag, and I have decided to start my own web-based marketing company. I think that is the best way to keep doing what I love and still pay the bills.

OH, you may be wondering why I changed the domain. As some of you know, there have been some nasty haters on the blog leaving messages (my harem took care of him), but this is exactly the ammo he needs to start again. So I am giving the new domain to people I love and trust. Thanks for all your support. Maybe this is exactly what I needed to happen.

BTW... GO TRIBE!!!! One win away from the World Series.

3 comments:

cat said...

ok, I got the email, does that mean I get the new domain too???
By the way, welcome to the wonderful life of the unemployed!!!

Paula said...

Hey Ron! Good for you! I'm proud of you for drawing the line.

So can I get a job with you? Of course I may never finish my MBA. I'm having a tough time with this class I'm in now.

ezmerelda said...

Hey Ron, I'm sorry the job didn't work out. I am proud of you for standing up for yourself. I can't believe they pulled that shit! Good for you.