Friday, June 26, 2009

The King of POP!


I am deeply saddened by the death of Michael Jackson. He was such a big part of my youth. I remember in 1982 when I was in 8th grade, I bought "Thriller". I still to this day have never heard a better record. I loved "Beat it". I used to have a top 10 countdown I performed in my room every week (I know, don't say it). Anyway, Beat it was #1 for 10 weeks. Then the Thriller video came out and my life changed forever. That was simply the most remarkable bideo ever made. I believe I heard it was made for $1 million which was quite a large amount back then.

I miss you Michael. I am not going to focus on your troubles in my memories of you. I am remembering you as
The King of POP!" The man who gave us "Thriller" and "Bad", all the remarkable music videos, and the entertainer who brought me countless hours of joy during my life. My one regret is that I never got ot see Michael perform live. I hope you are in a better place. Rest in Peace!

No comments: