Monday, November 17, 2008

I can't believe it's been a month

Today it has been one month since Weber died. I can honestly say it's easier, but it still hurts. I think about him everyday and miss him terribly. Thankfully Baxter is doing alot better. He's beginning to act like the old Baxter again, fun, playful, full of life. He still has his moments of lethargy and depression, just like Tim and I do, but he is going to be fine. I'm sure we will be as well, it is just taking us a bit longer.

We are discussing whether to get another dog or let Baxter be an only child. I think we are leaning for only child as of now, but that may change. A puppy is definitely out of the question. Laura brought up a good point that it would kill Baxter to have a puppy take away attention from him. And she is 100% correct. He seems to be adjusting to his new role as head protector and I don't want to change that. Thank God we have him. This past month would have been even more unbearable without him. I had a talk with Baxter as few weeks ago telling him he wasn't aloud to leave us for a long time. I am going to do everything in my power to see that it happens.

Here are my 2 guys sleeping together.

No comments: