
I am proud to say that I voted for Obama. I still don't agree with his stance on gay marriage. However after seeing his victory rally last night, I am 100% behind him as president. I am glad that we as a country elected a African-American man. The country is going in the right direction. Next is electing a woman (just not Sarah Palin), then maybe, one day, a gay man or woman will become President. After witnessing this historic event last night, I can say that I am proud of this counrty. We got it right this time. Oh and only 75 days til Bush is out of office. Another reason to celebrate.
2 comments:
Proof positive that if people show up and vote instead of sitting around bitching about how their vote doesn't count, good things can happen. Sitting on your ass only benefits the republicans.
I agree that for once I was very proud of this country. I too voted for Obama, however was pretty well convinced that McCain would win. I am so proud that not only did the right man win, but he won by a landslide! I also think credit should go to McCain for his wonderful concession speech that proved what a great man he is as well.
Post a Comment