Friday, October 17, 2008

Weber is hanging in there

Thankfully we had for another night. He had a 104 temp, not good. A dog should be around 101. He did eat at the vet and some last night, but this morning he wouldn't eat, but is still drinking a ton of water. I am going to call the vet after 10 this morning to get his blood test results. She ruled out Diabetes due to the urine sample hshowing no signs of sugar, however he did have some blood in the sample. It could be Kidney failure, Pancreatis, or possibly Pancreatic cancer (but she stressed that she doesn't think that's it, Thank God). Obviously Pancreatitis would be best. He is on antibiotics and is resting, doesn't seem to be in pain, but he looks so down. You can tell he isn't feeling well.

Tim and I am very worried needless to say. If we have to put him down, I don't know what I'll do. I'm crying as I type this now. Plus what do we do with Baxter. He has grown up with Weber. How do we get him through the grief while we are trying to cope with it ourselves? I'm ahead of myself I know. I am just trying to prepare myself for the worst. I pray that he is ok and stays with us a few more years. I know thats selfish, but I don't care. I love that dog more than words can describe.

Thanks for all the calls, texts, and emails I recieved wishing Weber well. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully he'll be his grumpy old self again before long.

No comments: