Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Welcome to My World

Yesterday, our dog, Weber got sick. He was just laying around, not eating, drinking, or using the bathroom. A $70 trip to the vet discovered that he has an upset stomach. He ate something that didn't sit well with him. HMMmmm, I wonder what that could have been? A pork bone that he ravaged from a friends dog? The countless paper towels he grabs out of the trash? Maybe it was the cat poop he generally eats? Who knows? Oh the joys of fatherhood!!!

On my end, I took 2 big steps towards recovery. I was walking around the house without any crutches. Not for a long time, maybe 3 or 4 minutes, but it is a start. It hurt like a bitch, though (btw, why does a bitch hurt?). This morning, I actually took a shower standing up. Again it hurt and I was extremely nervous, but I did it. I still can't move my foot in any direction, but therapy will take care of that. The big test will be on Thursday when Tim and I are going to an Indians game. Let's see how I do in a big crowd with the boot on. I will definitely use one crutch to get around, plus if they make a bonehead play (and they will) I can throw it at one of the players. Go Tribe!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of fatherhood.

Diogi has always had a sensitive stomach. I can't change his food and he can't have anything that is fried. That means NO FRENCH FRIES... which he somehow always manages to steal. Soon you will learn the short cuts to dealing with the doggie sensitive tummy so you won't have to go to the vet every time he skips a scheduled poo.

My problem is that I have to feed Diogi the special SENIOR dog food and since the dogs graze, they both have to eat the same thing. Diamond is ballooning! She is no longer svelt. I have no idea how to control her weight. I can't feed them seperatly due to the fact that they both graze and Diogi can not tolerate anything but the special ultra expensive chow. SIGH.