Tuesday, July 05, 2005

War of the Worlds

Tim and I went to see "War of the Worlds" yesterday afternoon . We both loved it. The special FX are awesome, as Spielberg always give us. Tom Cruise was a great choice to star in it. I never thought about what has been going on with him once during the movie. Actually, I don't really care. Even if he is crazy, he's still cute, a good actor, and his films don't suck like so many others. It isn't the best flick I've seen this summer, however, which is "Batman Begins" starring my new boyfriend Christian Bale. Not only is he a hot GOD of a man, but the film is great. Full of action, great plot, and the acting was good. Even Katie Holmes, who many have said took away from the movie. She was fine. Besides, her part is so minor that the worst actress ever could played her (Paris Hilton) and it still would have been the best film of the summer.

The media is reporting that movie ticket sales are down becasue prices are too high and quality of films are low. While I won't argue with the prices being too high (I went to a matinee and spent $17 for 2 tix, $1 for parking, and $6 for popcorn and soda), The quality of the films is debatable. I have been to the movies 6 times this year which is alot for me. And there are at least 2 more films I am going to see for sure. Plus I may go see "Batman" again (RRRrrrrr). While I may not spend money to see "Bewitched" in the theater, I will most likely rent it when comes out. Some movies must be seen on the big screen such as "Star Wars III", "War of the Worlds". Hopefully the slump will end soon.

BTW, I hear Robin may not be in any of the 3 "Batman" movies. I think they should add him as Bruce Waynes LOVER. Where do I sign up?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Ron...Christion Bale is my new boyfriend, not yours! You guys can't have all the pretty ones.

Anonymous said...

Holy Stalactites !!

No Robin? That is just WRONG. I always assumed Bruce and Robin were lovers and therefore where there is Bruce, Robin should not be far.

Now that you can walk you should start getting fit so you will be sure to look HOT in those blue tights

Timron1999 said...

You're right!! I can't beleive they haven't officially made Batman and Robin a couple. I would look sooooooooo cute on the arm of Batman (Woofy Christain Bale. BTW, I saw 'Batman Begins' again last night. That will be one DVD I'll buy for certain.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you are super nice to me I will bring you home my Batman Begins Movie Poster (wink)