It was 6 months today that we lost Weber. I still miss him everyday. Baxter, luckily, is showing alot of the same quirks that Weber had. So he makes it alot easier for both of us to both remember and move on. I know he is watching us all the time. Which helps as well. I know I'll eventually stop grieving him, I just don't know when that will be. So hang in there with me.
Now as for Baxter. I was asked why he needs surgery. His ACL needs replaced. He hurt it about a year ago. It went away for a while. But now it's back. He's limping, holds his leg up. He doesn't seem to be in pain which is good, but he does need the surgery (just like his daddy). We are saving the $2500 needed. Since I'm going to off most of the summer, we have decided to get it done sooner rather than later. We can recover at the same time. My poor baby.
Now on to me. I have decided to go ahead with the surgery. the tentative date is June 4. I really don't want to, but I honestly have to. I am still in alot of pain and the hardware in my ankle is starting to come loose, which means it is being rejected by my body. Paying for it is another story. I am currently trying to get short-term medcaid. I have heard it's hard to get, but it never hurts trying. I am also working with the Doctors office for payment arangements. The one bright spot is that I don't have to have it at Grant Hospital. I am having it done at the new surgical center located at the doctor's new medical building. So it's cheaper thankfully.
So in case you don't know, We are postponing our commitment ceremony til next year, I am not feeling up to it now. Plus we can't afford the cost right now. We'll try and have a summer party later when I'm feeling more up to it. Oh and Lothian, I'm so sorry but NKOTB is out for me as well (damn). I wanted to see my new BFF Joey. Oh well. It's sucks being old and crippled!!!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know how you feel It's been a year April 7th that I lost my best friend and I know she is watching over us waiting on us to get there. The grieving gets easier but never goes away it's been over a year and I still am. Wish you all the best with your surgery. Love your blog btw!
Aaron
http://flgaydad.today.com/
I think you are making all the right decisions. I am sorry things are not wonderful for you right now, but it will get better. (can't get worse, can it?) No worries about NKOTB.
Post a Comment