It's official. I am not longer a princess. Now I'm an old queen. Today I am 40. Say it with me, Four-Tee. Still doesn't sound good. They say that 40 is the new 30. Horse shit. 40 is the new 39. I sure as hell don't feel like I did when I turned 30. I have aches in places I didn't know existed, pains in new areas, and more chronic conditions than a healthy 30 year old will ever have.
That's not to say that I am over the hill. No. I'm near the hilltop, but not quite over it yet. Still creeping towards the top to make that slow, painful descent to seniorhood. There are a few advantages to being my age. 1. I don't get carded anymore. 2. I'm still too young to join AARP. Ok that's all the advantages I can think of.
As for what I am doing today. Bowling. I decided to have a bowling party with my friends. I can get my aggressions out, drink beer, eat pizza, and laugh at people who bowl worse than me. So I'm now old. At least Tim is still older than me. Ha!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bowling was so much fun, thank you for inviting us. I didn't realize that Spencer was bringing 2 extra guests to crash the party.
Post a Comment