Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Does anyone care about Idol anymore?

I am finding myself very bored with American Idol since Sanjaya got kicked off. He made the show fun, never knowing what he would do next, what hairstyle he would wear, and what song he'd totally mess up for our enjoyment. I was still slightly interested because of LaKisha. The girl won me over in week one with her Dreamgirls number. But now that she is off, who cares who wins? I don't!!

Melinda has the best voice, but she isn't exactly Idol material. As I've said before, she looks like Shrek, is annoying when given a compliment, and only has an R&B sound (nothing wrong with that, other than she isn't a pop singer). Jordin is cute, she has pipes, and the look. But she has no staying power. In ten years, we'll still know Kelly Clarkson. Not Jordin Sparks (hopefully not Gay Aiken either). That leaves Blake, who of all of the finalists has the best shot of making it. He is cute, has the look, and is popular with the ladies (not the gay men, thats Sanjaya's domain).The beat box crap is sooooooooo 80's, and it bugs the shit outta me. People complained that Sanjaya couldn't sing, listen to Blake. His voice is nothing spectacular. He doesn't have staying power either.

I am giving Idol one more chance to improve. If not, I'll be listening to my Sanjaya CD during Idol next season, relishing the fact that he got the last laugh.

No comments: