Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Surgery Smurgery

Hi all my blogging peeps. I found out yesterday that I am once again having ankle surgery. It will occur on March 27 at 10am and I am staying overnight at the lush Grant hospital which has impecible ammeneties (nurses giving sponge baths, fabulous green jello, and all the drugs I can take legally).

I am a bit worried about this one. I will lose even more mobility in my left foot (that ice skating career I've been dreaming about is a non-reality), and recovering time is 4-6 months. 3 of which I will be in a cast. The worst part of all of this is Baxter has to stay at our neighbors house while Tim is at work during this time. He can't jump on me and I can't take him out when he needs to. Weber can stay home with me, he is a good boy and can hold his pee, but he has to give up his bed. I will be sleeping in the spare bedroom with the door shut so no animals can come in (including Tim). Not-to-mention that I will have to use a granny chair while showering, now I know some of my readers are of the age to use such chairs(sorry Lothian!), but alas I am not (yet).

So anyway, it has begun. I know I can count on all my fabulous freinds and my incredible partner Tim to get throught this. Trust me, it is the LAST surgery I am having on my ankle. If this one doesn't work, Tim will be pushing me around like Baby Jane did to Blanche. Only I am not eating a dead bird, dead cat maybe, not not a bird. "But you are Blanche, you are in a wheelchair"

No comments: