Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Is Hilary really the "Gay choice" for president.

Senator Hillary Clinton spoke to a group of 500 Human Rights Campaign volunteers on Friday. She told the group: "I want you to know that this is exactly the kind of partnership we will have when I am president. I want you to know that just as you always have an open door to my senate office, you will always have an open door to the White House and together we can continue this journey."

Clinton also said that the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, instituted by her husband, needs to go: "This policy doesn't just hurt gays and lesbians. It hurts all of our troops and this to me is a matter of national security and we're going to fix it. Because we know our nation is stronger when our best men and women can be permitted to serve if that is the choice they want to make."


I have yet to make up my mind as to who I am backing in 2008. I don't particularly like Hilary. I loved Bill Clinton, he was charismatic, fun, and dependable. Hilary has yet to show me that she has emotions or show me anything stating that she will be a good president (Although a monkey is better suited than what we have in now!).

I like Barack Obama, but he will never get elected. Unfortunately there are way too many bigoted people out there. He is best suited to be V.P. for the time being. I do however like John Edwards. He is charismatic, and would be able to lead the nation. But I still do not know much about his policies. At least Hilary has shown that she supports the gay community. But so did her husband and he did nothing for us. We'll have to see. All I know is any one of these candidates will get my vote in the 08 elections. Dems all the way!!

2 comments:

ampcbj said...

I know what you mean about Hilary. I think we just need to change the law so Bill can win again. It was nice to be able to vote FOR someone (Bill)instead of AGAINST someone (every other candidate I've voted for). I've been watching Politically Incorrect lately and they've been having some of the Dems on. John Edwards actually held his own against Bill Mahr. He didn't do all that great for the state of North Carolina though...

Lothian said...

Isn't it sad that we have to choose between the lesser of evils? It would be so nice to be able to fully back a candidate. To have someone to trust.