Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Uncle Terry - Rest in Peace

I received news yesterday that my Uncle Terry passed away in his sleep. He was only in his early 50's, he had heart problems which is sadly what took him from us so soon. I am posting this to honor him and to help myself grieve, so bare with me as I reminisce.

He was one of my favorite Uncle's growing up. He was the uncle who always made me laugh with corny jokes. He has three kids who are just as goofy as he was. Terry always showed up to family events and was the person who I sat by beacuse we would make fun of our wacky family members. I have been thinking that the holidays won't be the same without him. You always treated me like everyone else, you didn't care that I am gay, you just loved me. I will miss you.... I hope you are out of pain and in a better place.

I won't be blogging for the next few days as I have to attend his funeral. I know you didn't know him personally, but keep him in your thoughts. Tell a corny joke this week. He'll be smiling from above when you do. Here's one for you, Uncle Terry....

Why doesn't a chicken wear pants? Because his pecker is on his head!

3 comments:

Lothian said...

Oh babe! I am so sorry to hear this news. Please lean on me if you need me. I will be thinking of him, I am so sorry for your loss. Stay strong, he is still alive in our hearts.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Clyde's not with us anymore, but we're all worried about him. This week has been bad for everyone. Life sucks sometimes but I wanted to tell you that I'm glad your at work with me. Honestly.. . . it makes it easier. I know that you and everyone else at our store is on the look out for something else, but until that happens, I'm glad your there. I hope the gay fairy spreads his love to you this week. well, for that matter I hope he spreads it to the entire world. It seems like we need it. Take care.

B.

Timron1999 said...

Bry,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I's sad to here that Clyde won't be in the store any longer, but he was terribly unhappy. I hope he finds whatever it is that he needs. As for me, Thanks for saying what you did. I really don't hate working there, I just feel like I am getting shafted due to low pay, no training, etc... plus I am just sick of retail. I like everyone at the store and care about everyone. I am going to stop being so negative while I am there, focus on the positive aspects of the job and people. If my Uncle's death has taught me anything is that I need to live for the day, and I am going to try. I'll see you Monday. If you need me to work more next week I can, let me know. I won't be back int own until Sunday afternoon, I'll call when I get back.